SES help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AnniversaryBird

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
The Check engine light came on in my 2005 again and I am hoping somebody here may know what is wrong or maybe steer me in the right direction in resolving it....

Two codes came up when I checked it with my scanner PO174 & PO171

The light came on while I was sitting in a Burger king drive thru for a long time and the car got a tad hotter then normal but not overheated by any means...
The gauge went slightly over half way up which has never been a problem in the past

I cleared the codes with my scanner, verified the codes were gone and restarted it.. It ran about 60 second and the light came right back on with the same codes present....

Both codes indicate a lean condition so I am hoping it is something I can resolve myself to avoid a costly dealership visit. I just recently had to replace all the COPS and that hurt the wallet so any help you guys can offer is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jesse

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Correct it is too lean. Fords Codes say:
P0171 System Too Lean - Bank No. 1.
P0172 System Too Rich - Bank No. 1.
P0174 System Too Lean - Bank No. 2.
P0175 System Too Rich - Bank No. 2

However I'm not smart enough to tell you what to do

Correct it is too lean. Fords Codes say:
P0171 System Too Lean - Bank No. 1.
P0172 System Too Rich - Bank No. 1.
P0174 System Too Lean - Bank No. 2.
P0175 System Too Rich - Bank No. 2

However I'm not smart enough to tell you what to do

Yes, my scanner tells me what the code means....

I guess it's not a common problem based on the lack of responses lol.

I'm going to clean the MAF tomorrow morning and check for a vacuum leak and go from there....

Thanks

Jesse:
How did you make out ? Problem solved? If you replaced anything please post it here for future reference.
Thnks

Thanks for the info. I just replaced both fuel pumps for $3500!! by my personal mechanic who only buys OEM.
Now I get those codes. Will clean the MAF sensor and get back to all of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back