Seeking accelerator cable for 1997

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
dperle
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi, all. First, please forgive me if I could have found what I needed by querying past posts--I really know zilch about auto parts and want to be very careful to receive help for what I need so that I don't wind up misunderstanding something in older posts and obtaining the wrong part.

My accelerator cable broke a few weeks ago and my car has been out of commission. My neighborhood auto shop has told me that they've given up looking for a part, but encourages me to look online, which is incredibly annoying from knowledgeable people like they are to someone like me who depends on them. But I digress.

Desperately seeking a replacement cable that would fit my 1997 Thunderbird, a V-6. Someone showed me an item on eBay that's more than $100, someone else showed me parts at AutoZone that supposedly might work for about $35. (Again, to return to digression, I don't know why my local shop couldn't get that from AutoZone, IF it in fact would work...)

Help?

David
Washington, DC

What's the link to the eBay item?

Here's one for $110, which I'd rather avoid if I can get one much cheaper (but of course I'd like to get confirmation that any of these is even what will work for me):

These prices are so much better, from AutoZone! I have to wonder, though, if it'd be this easy, why the local auto shop couldn't identify their availabilities if it's this easy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back