....second choice.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last seen
...Seeing I'm driving my first choice in Roadsters....I have have to say my second choice would be the Crossfire. It is distinctive, and like my T-Bird, there is nothing quite like it, and is well screwed together. I believe a lot of thought was put into both cars to make them distinctive and "all of a piece".
That said.... here in Canada, MSRP pricing is comparable....but with the Crossfire being new, chances are, the T-Bird could be had for less....As both are unique I don't think a direct comparison could be done.....but what I like about the 'Bird is the "interpretation"....The style, the hardtop, the comfortable and roomy full accent interior (I'm 5ft 6) and the overall size of the 'Bird. This, I prefer over the current trend of high door sills and short green house. I sit way down deep in the Crossfire. The doors come up to my neck, in the definately Teutonic interior, which is also not as spacious....The power parameters for both cars are different and I can only say how much I enjoy the seamless, turbine like delivery of the T-Bird.....The Crossfire was in the showroom and the staff was in no hurry to trundle it outside just so I could drive it......But, I do think, if the T-Bird didn't exist.....I could live with a Crossfire....... :D

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

My second choice is my 87 corvette convertible. The car has 54,000 miles on it and is in great shape. I probably won't have it for very much longer though. My son is getting out of the Marines in November and I have promised the vette to him. This is the real reason I bought the Bird. I didn"t want to be without a roadster and besides I have always been a Ford man anyway.

.....this is the first time in my life I've been a total Ford man....as you alluded to.....as both cars I have are 'Birds....and, I have to say that Ford's handling of the car, that in my opinion, is the most satisfying and rewarding I've ever owned.......has been really disappointing..... the delayed launch and dealer opportunism that took place was just the beginning, as it would appear now....Ford is practicing total abandonment along with the dealers and dealer service.....of a great car and a nameplate belonging to an icon......instead of picking up the ball they dropped and making the Thunderbird fly.....they play with the colours and call it a day. The Thunderbird brand lay dormant too long last time.....What's next? :confused:

I agree! I am not happy about what they are doing with the Thunderbirds either. I refused to give the outragous markups they were demanding when they first came out. I just got my 03 this year and am the second owner. I believe that buying them any other way is a pure ripoff! You have to agree though it is a "GREAT" car.

....I too, am the second owner,.....only way I could afford one....and realize my dream car.....and yes it's a keeper....What colour is your '03?....Ours is Inspiration Yellow/ full accent interior/ hardtop....Had 8000km. at purchase....now has 28700km.....can't imagine driving anything else! :D

Just bought my wife a 2003 evening black T-Bird with full red acent interior; 2500 miles. She always liked the look of this car when first came out but we leased a Sybring convert because of the primium price when first came out. We also looked at the Crossfire as well as the other convertibles. Most were just a little too pricy. I have a 70 280SL that I really enjoy; fun to work on as well as drive. A friend told Sheri he would sell her his 56 T-Bird; but she could not wait so we got her own T-Bird. Any way a 56 would not be a good daily especially here in IL. Maybe down the road we "might" have that in our line up.
How do you add a "signature" to this forum?
Bruce

How do you add a "signature" to this forum?
Bruce :confused:

Bruce, go to the top tool bar, in blue, above and click on "user cp" then edit signature and that should do it for you. :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back