Resonator removal on 57

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
F
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hello to All,

Have a 57...….does anyone have an educated guess as to the percentage increase in noise one gets by removing the resonators? Any other negative effect might it have?

Don't want it very loud....but after putting a new muffler in, its quiet, almost to not hearing it at all...…..

Hello to All,

Have a 57...….does anyone have an educated guess as to the percentage increase in noise one gets by removing the resonators? Any other negative effect might it have?

Don't want it very loud....but after putting a new muffler in, its quiet, almost to not hearing it at all...…..
I have had my '57 for over 20 years with no resonators. I like the low rumble of the Y-Block.

With mine off I found that there is an annoying drone at low speeds. Mine rusted out. Will be putting them back on when I replace my exhaust. They don’t muffle the exhaust much. The pitch is slightly lower with them off.

With mine off I found that there is an annoying drone at low speeds. Mine rusted out. Will be putting them back on when I replace my exhaust. They don’t muffle the exhaust much. The pitch is slightly lower with them off.
How difficult was the exhaust install? I'm wanting to do it myself, but haven't done a full inspection of the hangers and connections.

If you don’t have a lift (I don’t)
and don’t mind working on your back
I found it not that difficult
only thing that may give you an issue is the pipe joint going over the rear end
I wasn’t happy with just using clamps and welded the joint.
The kit from CASCO came with all the clamps and hangers
very good quality

Back