Replacing idler arm bushings on 55 Tbird with power steering

S

Steve k

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Because there are no stops on the bushings or the idler arm bracket, or the steering arm, can anyone tell me how far to press the bushings thru the bracket and arm. The shop manual describes the use of a special tool, but no measurements. Steve k

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Because there are no stops on the bushings or the idler arm bracket, or the steering arm, can anyone tell me how far to press the bushings thru the bracket and arm. The shop manual describes the use of a special tool, but no measurements. Steve k
Should be able to do it with a bench vise. Make sure it's straight & lube it up with a lil grease and press it in with the vise. Both ends should have about the same sticking out the ends. if not press it back a lil until they are even. GOOD LUCK

Back