Replacing dashboard VIN tag on 1969 Thunderbird

R
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
NONE
My nephew is considering buying a 1969 T-Bird 6 cylinder. Problem is it is missing dashboard VIN plate. Owner does have NY state registration and the VIN number can be seen on inside front fender, but firewall trim tag is also missing. Owner doesn't have original title --- which isn't required in NY due to age of car. Any suggestions about how and where to get replacement dash VIN plate? Thanks.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Not sure what the v6 is but if you get a Marti report you can get replacement with the report.

go to etsy.com they'll custom make you one for $29.95
Type in vin plate in their search bar
They also have them on Ebay for $9.95
1588889539416.png

My nephew is considering buying a 1969 T-Bird 6 cylinder. Problem is it is missing dashboard VIN plate. Owner does have NY state registration and the VIN number can be seen on inside front fender, but firewall trim tag is also missing. Owner doesn't have original title --- which isn't required in NY due to age of car. Any suggestions about how and where to get replacement dash VIN plate? Thanks.
No 1969 thunderbird EVER came with a 6 cylinder. The only option was the 429. Something smells fishy about this car.

As stated there was never a V6 bird in 69. Also the vin tag wasnt on the dash so your not missing one. Pre 73 in NYS is registration only so your right there’s no title transfer is done by signing the registration over.

As stated there was never a V6 bird in 69. Also the vin tag wasnt on the dash so your not missing one. Pre 73 in NYS is registration only so your right there’s no title transfer is done by signing the registration over.
Ehh about the vin tag not on the dash. Mine is... well its a little plate sitting on it anyway. Perhaps it was yanked out from somewhere else?

Ehh about the vin tag not on the dash. Mine is... well its a little plate sitting on it anyway. Perhaps it was yanked out from somewhere else?
Mines on the dash as well, right hand side, visable from outside. Where are the other vehicle identification numbers located?

I wouldn't touch that car! The Vin on the dash is not the replaceable warranty plate that is on the door or door frame. Something here is very wrong.

Back