Replacement Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

IHEARTMYTBIRD

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Hello Everyone. My name is David and I just joined this forum not even 10 minutes ago...lol. I have a 1962 Ford Thunderbird that I got from my dad. I'm having engine problems...I have a dead piston on the passenger side of the engine piston #2 from the front. My dad says it's burnt valves...It's blowing oil from God knows where. I thought it was from the valve covers so I replaced the gaskets and I'm still having the oil issue. I have a couple leaking freeze plugs right where the hardest ones to get to are. I've taken it to a few mechanics to get a repair estimate and I'm looking at over a $1,000 to repair it all. I have heard that I can buy a stock 390 engine new for around $800.00 dollars. I'd rather go that route but I haven't seen one that cheap. Does anyone know where I could obtain a newer engine...Doesn't have to be a brand new engine but just one to replace this basketcase engine. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all for your time :)

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Welcome David. You may want to consider joining a TBird club near you. Those that are enthusiasts and restorers generally have sources that they can share with you and some may even have a spare engine around that could be available.
When I had my '41 wooden wagon, for over 30 years, I kept a spare flathead engine in the garage. I never needed it so when I sold the car that engine was sold separately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back