Repair of soft top rear window

K
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Either due to age or vandalism, the seal between the rear window glass and the soft top has failed at the lower right side corner and extends upwards and towards the center.

Anyone know what would be the "official" Ford way of repairing this and what would be the most cost effective way to properly reseal this?

Thanks,

Ken

I had the exterior bottom edge of the glass and the soft top sealed at a car upholstery and top shop. They used a sealer designed just for that. Held up nicely over the winter

youve probably already addressed your problem.i had the same.the inside liner ripped along the bend at the bottom as well as the outside canvas came loose fm the glass.u can seal that outside back on but if u dont fix that hole on the inside canvas it will leak again.upholstery shop said 300 and wont guarantee the work.so i used gorilla tape crystal clear on the inside( its practically invisible) and sikaflex polyurethane on the outside.that was 2 months ago.the bonds are holding up but i havent driven it in rain yet .30 bucks.

I had the exterior bottom edge of the glass and the soft top sealed at a car upholstery and top shop. They used a sealer designed just for that. Held up nicely over the winter
I did the same last year. Great fix. Not expensive to have it done right.

I've done 2 repairs using 3M Superfast Urethane 08609 that was recommended by my Interior guy. I pulled the material off the rear window lower section all the way, cleaned it all real good and applied the urethane, and pressed the material in towards the glass.. Worked slicker than you know what with no issues! A calking gun tube cost me $27 bucks at Bennett Auto Supply. You can use a raiser blade to remove excess squeeze out, even before it dries all the way (12 hours)

Back