rear main seal replacement 1955 Tbird

skidrdan

skidrdan

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi , i would love some help with info on if the rear main can be replaced with the engine in the car and if i can replace the clutch and parts at the sane time? thanks in advance

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

In the March/April 1996 issue of The Early Bird magazine, Dick Flynn submitted an article on how to replace the rear main seal with the engine in the car. Attached is the article I scanned for you. When this article was written the neoprene rear main seal was not available for the Thunderbird engine, that’s why the author is using a rope type seal. I hope this is the information that you are looking for.

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

Attachments

• How to Replace a Rear Mail Oil Seal.PDF
    1.2 MB · Views: 21
In the March/April 1996 issue of The Early Bird magazine, Dick Flynn submitted an article on how to replace the rear main seal with the engine in the car. Attached is the article I scanned for you. When this article was written the neoprene rear main seal was not available for the Thunderbird engine, that’s why the author is using a rope type seal. I hope this is the information that you are looking for.

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue
That is great that you had this article. I will have to give it a try. I also need to replace the clutch and parts, so might be better to pull the engine and trany together. Thanks so much for sharing this info.

Back