rear deck plates for late 56 bird

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
steveLH

steveLH

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I have a question about the rear deck plates on my late 56 bird,. I know there is a right and left application, but is it possible for them to be installed on the wrong sides? When the hardtop is set on the car, the clamp levers do not lock in right. on each plate do the slots point to the outside or to the inside? When you remove the set screw on the clamp lever, there is a flat for the set screw, and when the set screw is on this flat, it just does not line up right with the deck plates that are on my car. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you. steveLH

Late 1956 Thunderbirds get 1957 deck plates and the notches in holes point to outside of car.

(See Attached)

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

Attachments

• Deck Plates.pdf
    264.6 KB · Views: 1
Late 1956 Thunderbirds get 1957 deck plates and the notches in holes point to outside of car.

(See Attached)

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue
Yeah, thanks for the reply, Doug. I went on to Casco's website and seen that they do point to the outside. Evidently, whoever owned the top or the car before did not put the lever roll pin in the right position. I'm going to drive the pin out and reposition those and that should take care of my problem. Thanks, again steveLH

After reading this thread I noticed my deck plates were orientated to the inside. I thought that I would reposition them in the correct way but when I removed them I notice that there is a right and left plate. I then also needed to reset the locking arms. At the end of the day it was a bit of work to change the plates around when I guess no one would notice. But I did learn a little more about my 56 bird.

After reading this thread I noticed my deck plates were orientated to the inside. I thought that I would reposition them in the correct way but when I removed them I notice that there is a right and left plate. I then also needed to reset the locking arms. At the end of the day it was a bit of work to change the plates around when I guess no one would notice. But I did learn a little more about my 56 bird.
I got mine straightened out now, so I feel a lot better with the top locked down right. Seems like there's always something new a guy can learn about these birds. Have a good day , SteveLH

Back