Raising The Height of Bucket Seats in My 1977 Thunderbird

• Thread starter Jade Seventy Seven
  • Start date
Jade Seventy Seven

Jade Seventy Seven

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi. My 1977 Thunderbird has bucket seats and the driver seat is power operated. I can raise the seat pretty high but the passenger seat is stationary and lower. Has anybody taken a bucket seat and added shims to it or something like that to raise it up? I'm looking to raise the passenger seat up about an inch and a half so it's more in line with the power driver seat's height.

Thanks!

I don't see why that would be a problem. I once bought a Nissan Xterra off this guy who he had given it to his daughter and he also had put washers under the drivers seat to raise it up a little bit for her. I'd say got for it.

Hi. My 1977 Thunderbird has bucket seats and the driver seat is power operated. I can raise the seat pretty high but the passenger seat is stationary and lower. Has anybody taken a bucket seat and added shims to it or something like that to raise it up? I'm looking to raise the passenger seat up about an inch and a half so it's more in line with the power driver seat's height.

Thanks!
I have the interior out of my 1978, I would have to get longer bolts as the stock bolts are pretty short. I think that would work fine. If I remember right, they are studs, with a nut, all the nuts came out pulling the studs but one,,,, which I find with my knee every now and then (ouch) But that could be replaced with correct length stud.

Last edited:
Back