Power Steering pump and hose replacement on 86 Thunderbird

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Anybody got stories about replacing their PS pump and hoses on the aero-bird generation 5.0 motors? I've had nothing but trouble trying to do mine...fighting every step of the way. Removing the pump required disconnecting PS inlet (had to cut this one!) & outlet hoses from pump and rack, then pulling the AC comp up off it's common front assc. drive mount with PS pump, then removing the PS pump/mount itself. Then buying the pulley puller tool to remove pulley. Then I swapped the mount over to the new pump, reinstalled pressure hoses and mounted everyting up. Just noticed some o-rings that came with hoses, look like they go on tip of fittings, not up on collar. Didnt know I needed them. NOthing but trouble! And now I'm not sure what type fluid to use in my pump! Any input would be appreciated.

Back