possible new owner 2005 (Update Bought it)

hippymailman

hippymailman

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
none
obviously new here looking at a 2003 with issues. such as. alb light. traction control light. and heater only puts out hot air. also sometimes not all slightly rough shift I believe from 2nd to third so I realize $$ need put in . cost is 8k with 111,000 miles should I run for my life or fix said issues or is it a crapshoot? drive very nice and does have both tops. have not seen the soft one though

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

obviously new here looking at a 2003 with issues. such as. alb light. traction control light. and heater only puts out hot air. also sometimes not all slightly rough shift I believe from 2nd to third so I realize $$ need put in . cost is 8k with 111,000 miles should I run for my life or fix said issues or is it a crapshoot? drive very nice and does have both tops. have not seen the soft one though
I would run for my life. You can buy one with fewer issues and much lower miles for less than what you will spend on this car after you do all the repairs. Fixing all these issues will be a PITA . As a former Ford dealer I would advise you to buy the best car you can afford and stay away from a money pit like this car you are describing.

thank you for the insight. still looking now all I know so far is I do not want an 02 anything I should address when I find one? common problems?
Live in Washington state but will travel country for the right one.

well I was going to wait for the right one to come along, but did not think it would be this soon
now own a 2004 deluxe in crimson type color. 87,000 with black altec wheels and original wheels too both sets ok tires. everything works and got 24 mpg on way home,best of all my partner,she likes it too.just one odd thing about it and I dont think the person I got it from knew and that is the front fenders say 50th anniversary even though paint seems perfect with no sign of any damage inside or outside seller thought it was an 05 but title said o4 and vin proved it with no issues reported of course that is not always accurate. drove it home 500 miles and ran great felt good and looked good

well I was going to wait for the right one to come along, but did not think it would be this soon
now own a 2004 deluxe in crimson type color. 87,000 with black altec wheels and original wheels too both sets ok tires. everything works and got 24 mpg on way home,best of all my partner,she likes it too.just one odd thing about it and I dont think the person I got it from knew and that is the front fenders say 50th anniversary even though paint seems perfect with no sign of any damage inside or outside seller thought it was an 05 but title said o4 and vin proved it with no issues reported of course that is not always accurate. drove it home 500 miles and ran great felt good and looked good
Let's see a picture.

seller thought it was an 05 but title said o4 and vin proved it with no issues reported of course that is not always accurate.

The VIN & title both indicate 2004, right? The only thing that is not always accurate is the seller!

The VIN & title both indicate 2004, right? The only thing that is not always accurate is the seller!
yup the vin is correct I believe it was a previous owner to the one I bought from. pics soon. pretty sure just the chrome piece that says 50th was added

Your comment about Crimson color tells me it's an '04 (Color is Merlot-my favorite).

Many folks changed out those fender pieces, not trying to deceive, just liked them better. An easy change back and forth!

When I bought my 2005in December in 2004, I searched for colors as I desired the deep maroon but not available in 2005. The 50th anniversary plates are an add on. Your deep red was only 2004

ok im not to hot at the pic thing but here it is upload_2017-12-9_13-31-15.jpeg

Attachments

• 156.jpg
    156.jpg
    403.8 KB · Views: 0
Back