Porthole wings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the Neiman Marcus birds had etched bird emblems in the porthole windows. I believe the ones that are for sale on ebay are some type of stickers. Does anyone know are these a Ford item from somewhere else on the car, or are these custom?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

You can get them for $25 club price and they are cut vinyl - they aren't just a decal. Agreed its a pretty good markup but they do look nice.

Quick is right, I have those decals.

Anyone joining that other forum can get them for (if I remember correctly) just $24. That includes shipping. Jeff also sells them on Ebay, and I have seen them go as high as $32 plus shipping.

Only took me a couple of minutes (they said about 20 min) to install. They look simply fantistic too. Lot of compliments!

I just put a strip of masking tape on the porthole and used a level to draw a straight line with a dark marker. I eyeballed the center and marked it, I figured nobody would measure to see how perfect they were lined up. Even my very particular husband thought I did a great job. (pat on back, pat on back)

I think the hardest part is for taller people to get themselves behind the seats, to put them on.

The masking tape was put on the outside, and the decal goes on the inside. In the daylight, you can see the line drawn on the tape. I don't think the pictures do them justice.

Whatchew talkin' about Sophia?

>>In the daylight, you can see the line drawn on the tape.<<

Didn't the instructions tell you that you could remove the outside masking tape after you put the wings on the inside?

Whatchew talkin' about Sophia?
:confused:

Whatchew talkin bout Queeks, did you think I still have that nasty a$$ tape still on my porthole? I meant that while sticking on the decal, you can see the black line as the light shines from the outside. It will aid your attempt to get the wings applied in a level, straight line. If you do it in the dark, you can't see Jack Stuff. I guess I will just have to take a picture so you will know what a good I did. :D

INSTRUCTIONS ? ? ? Was I supposed to read all three pages or just the title on the first page?

I agree the decals are a little spendy, but after installing them a few days ago, they are worth every penny. The difference they make as opposed to plain port hole windows is astounding!IMHO

I concur with opinions above....I got the decals right away, but since it was summer, had to wait until December to install them when I put the hardtop on for the winter. I think they are a must-have item for your bird!

waterskiers2 said:
I just went & looked. My porthole windows have the wings & they're not tape & mine isn't a Neiman Marcus. Just an FYI if anyone cares-

That is interesting... Do you have an 007 model? I don't know if those have the wings or not but I know none of the regular production Birds have the wings. Or did you buy it used and someone else had done something?

Brad:
They are well worth the $$$. Look very much like etched glass and they get a lot of compliments.
They DO NOT, look like a decal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back