Perfomance Chip for ECU......Anyone???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sent emails to wide variety of ECU performance enhancement companies (manufacturers & retailers). I've yet to get a positive response from any of them. Does anyone have first hand experience with obtaining these ECU "chips" for any 02 - 04 T-Bird?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

This is the response I got from fordchip.com:

You can't "chip" an 03 T-Bird. They must be reflashed which means we would need the car in person or you would have to send the computer in for flashing.

I had to do this for my Grand Prix. It's a real PITA. Have to do a crank position learn afterward. Often a dealer will reflash the ECU to stock when you take the car in for warranty repairs....even if you tell 'em not to.

So, it don't look good!

Tyrod:
I asked a guy in Connecticut (Dino) to contact you since he did some research on this.
There's also a guy on this site, Daji, that does a lot to his car. You may want to PM him. By the way, you never responded to my email.

the tbird computers dont have a service port on them so you cant put an aftermarket chip in it, theres nothign to connect it to. the only way to do it is to have the computer reflashed. and that requires you sending in the computer to pete or you can buy the SCT tuning softwear and do it yourself. www.superchipscustom.com

You may be able to install a piggyback or go complete standalone engine management. With a sufficient amount of time I'm sure an aftermarket performance shop would be able to set one up. Then you could use a PDA or a laptop to program the car yourself.

Hi there Vic...I didn't realize you posted over here as well. I live out your way, and heard that you have mentioned something about a Dyno event in the chicago area.

Generally speaking, what would be the potential benefits to doing this with a newer bird?

Any downside?

Estimated costs?

Also, you should try to schedule something on a thursday night at that drive-in place on Pulaski. Convince Quickdraw to show up so that I could get a chance to see his piece of crap car (just kiddin)

What about the site chip your car.

Supposedly they offer more hp and more mpg..with their easy install product?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back