PCV Valve Location

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

What is your question? All we have online is the owner's manual.

I think this is how you find the PCV valve, can anyone confirm?

the pcv is located on the back firewall of the drivers side valve cover.
Turn counterclockwise and pull to remove be careful there are 2 small tabs inside the pcv hole in the valve cover(can feel with small finger) this is to hold valve in place so it won't leak.
If you have a oil leak at the pcv a quick fix is to put a small amount of silicone around the pcv o-ring and install. Wait several hours for silicone to set up.

I looked up PCV valve on Wikipedia and it appears to be an elbow type of affair. Then went out to my 2002 and there is an elbow type thingy in back of and to the left of the Dip Stick. So since it's a positive crankcase ventilation part, I believe that's it
Let us know please

Pcv valve location

can't seem to find it. car smokes heavy white:

I think this is how you find the PCV valve, can anyone confirm?

the pcv is located on the back firewall of the drivers side valve cover.
Turn counterclockwise and pull to remove be careful there are 2 small tabs inside the pcv hole in the valve cover(can feel with small finger) this is to hold valve in place so it won't leak.
If you have a oil leak at the pcv a quick fix is to put a small amount of silicone around the pcv o-ring and install. Wait several hours for silicone to set up.[/QUOTE]

Good info, about to replace mine, will report back with any pitfalls or advice. Replacing hood supports same time; got konked in the head twice recently so their time is up too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back