Painting 2004 Retro Grill

Aznav

Aznav

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I suspect this may be heresy but, I'm thinking of painting my grill matte black. I'm not a huge chrome fan. I know some say it is one of the most iconic things about the retro Bird. I think...think, it might be good. Flaming welcome.

I suspect this may be heresy but, I'm thinking of painting my grill matte black. Flaming welcome
No more heresy than what you've already done. It's your car, so do what you want. I can tell you I wouldn't have even made the changes you've already made, but I'm not driving the car.

16942_79aeca88dc49568c8cf2ccaea44f8a33.jpeg

Paint it car color like my Limited Anniversary Edition!

Understand that this is coming from a guy that thinks putting a dealership sticker on a car is blasphemy … matte black on the grille might look cool on your ride. It would certainly tie in the colour (color for you Americans) from the lower cladding. Send pics if you decide to move ahead with this.

I suspect this may be heresy but, I'm thinking of painting my grill matte black. I'm not a huge chrome fan. I know some say it is one of the most iconic things about the retro Bird. I think...think, it might be good. Flaming welcome.
I think that you definitely need to do it. I think I’ve seen some spray on stuff that would peel off if you don’t like it.

I like the black grill! Looks good!

Heresy, maybe to some. It is your car, do with it what you want. There are many cool cars at shows that I walk past because I notice something that I don't like. I hear others commenting on how cool it is, and I do not like it at all. Who is correct? The owner is. To each his own.

Back