Odometer change scale

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
M

matsberg

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hoe do you change odometer scale to metric?

If it was my problem, and if you don't get a response here, I would call a Canadian Ford Dealer service department...

Can we assume that you mean the re-set trip mileage button?

I think there are 2 such buttons?? - I will check later when using car

Not intending to change now (I prefer miles always myself), but as owner of US car in Canada, a possible future buyer might prefer local scale

I'm pretty sure he wants his odometer (and trip logs) to register in kilometers instead of miles.

Aw .. you no doubt are right on that

Hoe do you change odometer scale to metric?
The odometer does not change, the same platform as was used in the Thunderbird was also used in the Lincoln LS and Jag S type and those systems do allow you to change the odometer to miles from Kilometers. You have to have the dealership change out the module, they can do a sworn affidavit stating the mileage was changed too.

You can change your inside/outside temperature to metric. There are 2 small buttons on the left side the A/C temp readout. The top one switches the readings to metric and vice versa.

Sorry to deliver disappointing news.

I drive to Canada and it was always difficult to read the metric numbers on my Ford F-150 because they were small and dark red. I solved the problem by switching my Portable GPS to metric and it gives me something I can read with ease.

I will look into it as my recently imported to France "Cashmere" display miles in a Km surrounding. In the means time I use my smartphone GPS application that easily switch in either units and allows me to respect the speed limits beside pointing the direction to follow.

Have a serene Thank giving You all

It's all good for me

Lucky for me, I bought a US car in Canada, but I have always continued to think in miles (stubborn & resentful I guess)

I know the relative speed limits so I'm happy

Back