Newbie needs opinions on price for a 1966 T-Bird?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PhunckyFeelOne

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Hi everyone. I'm looking to purchase a 1966 T-Bird. It's has the following:

Body - blue, no rust, looks to be all original, lights intact, windows & windheild no cracks. Tires look fine, no hubs.

Interior - looks original and everything seems to be there but will need some TLC.

Motor - Not sure how to open the hood, T-Bird symbol latch? I'm guessing std 390.

Anyway, the person's asking $2500 for it and I haven't call the person yet. I thought I would wait and get some opinions on the car & price first. Thanks in advance.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

The hood-latch is under the centre of the front bumper.

If it's a runner and is as sound as you say it seems not a bad buy - but check EVERYTHING works!

How about the dash, inside door panels etc - they can run to several hundred dollars to replace.

Have a look at the engine code on panel on th erear edge of the drivers door - Q = 428, Z= 390 engine.

How many options does it have? power windows (that work), A/C, cruise-control, power passenger seat etc etc.

$2500 for a t bird that needs TCL and missing only the hubcaps is a fair price.

The killer items are the hard plastic ones, like the dash, door panels, console, package tray etc.

If you like the way those look, the soft items (carpet, seat covers, headliner) are cheap to replace ,and really freshen the car.

the exterior is expensive to re-do but unlike the interior, it's rather more straight forward and easier to make the exterior look new....just paint and a new vinyl top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back