New to the forum looking at 2004

paulrl

paulrl

paulrl
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I read Icewine’s post from February this year and should just have copied it. Like him, I am looking at purchasing a 2004 Thunderbird, Premium Merlot with the light sand appearance package. It has about 28,000 miles. I am in Canada (Quebec) but the car came from Connecticut. The woman who owns it bought it in 2011. She did not use it much this summer and is selling it. Since it is in storage for the winter, I am not able to see it. I gave a deposit and agreed to buy it in the spring, conditional on a test drive and inspection by my mechanic. She says it is mint and has no issue with that. I did get to look at the hard top, which she only used when driving the car from Connecticut. My garage is already full with two cars (2002 Lexus SC430, 1976 Triumph TR6), a convertible pickup truck (2006 Chev SSR) and four motorcycles (1988 Honda Hawk, 2007 Harley Sportster, 2007 Buell Lightning, 2015 BMW R Nine T). So, I’m looking at getting a sea container to put the bikes, or maybe the TR6, in.

I read Icewine’s post from February this year and should just have copied it. Like him, I am looking at purchasing a 2004 Thunderbird, Premium Merlot with the light sand appearance package. It has about 28,000 miles. I am in Canada (Quebec) but the car came from Connecticut. The woman who owns it bought it in 2011. She did not use it much this summer and is selling it. Since it is in storage for the winter, I am not able to see it. I gave a deposit and agreed to buy it in the spring, conditional on a test drive and inspection by my mechanic. She says it is mint and has no issue with that. I did get to look at the hard top, which she only used when driving the car from Connecticut. My garage is already full with two cars (2002 Lexus SC430, 1976 Triumph TR6), a convertible pickup truck (2006 Chev SSR) and four motorcycles (1988 Honda Hawk, 2007 Harley Sportster, 2007 Buell Lightning, 2015 BMW R Nine T). So, I’m looking at getting a sea container to put the bikes, or maybe the TR6, in.

Sounds like a tremendous find, especially with the low mileage. I was thrilled when my car turned out to be every bit as nice as it was presented online. I’ve had to invest a little bit of money in it ... new front wheel bearings and brakes/rotors (it made sense to replace the parts while the car was apart anyway), as well as a 2nd/5th transmission servo that failed. All in I’ve put an extra $3k (Canadian) into the car, but I’m still well below my original budget. Not at all upset with spending a few bucks to get a 14-year old car back to 100%.

Wasn’t too happy when winter arrived a few weeks ago, forcing me to put the car into storage, but I have a nice ride to look forward to come spring. Enjoy your new ride!

I purchased my 2002, aka CremPuff, in 2015. Love it! It ha 30+K miles on it. Have had a few issues with it, one being that she “chokes/starves” and dies. Have had it looked at, and need it looks at again. Anyone else have this problem?

Also.... what is the best manual lift for top?

Back