New Owner / Member 2004 Premium (Merlot)

Icewine

Icewine

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I've been an owner for the past three weeks, but unfortunately have never actually seen my car. It is in storage (with a trusted friend) on the West Coast and I won't be flying out to pick it up until early April. Hopefully we've got what passes for spring by that time.

It's an odd feeling, spending a fair chunk of change on a car when you're halfway across the country, but the colour, condition and price all aligned to make it too hard to pass up. I was lucky to have a good (and qualified) friend inspect the car for me prior to purchase, so now it's a painful waiting game until I can get behind the wheel.

This seems like a good forum. I'm looking forward to interacting with all of you!

This seems like a good forum. I'm looking forward to interacting with all of you!

Welcome to the forum, and best of luck with your new T-bird.. I also bought mine last February and it was in the dealer's storage garage till the salt got off the roads here in Central NY.. That was about July.. Just kidding.. I picked mine up in mid April.. It was weird making two car payments even before I had it.. I was able to visit mine a couple times while it was in storage..

They've taken to using beet juice to melt ice here in Winnipeg, MB. Science ...

They've taken to using beet juice to melt ice here in Winnipeg, MB. Science ...

Yes, they are trying beet juice here in Syracuse also, but I think the are using it on sidewalks only at this point..

I've been an owner for the past three weeks, but unfortunately have never actually seen my car. It is in storage (with a trusted friend) on the West Coast and I won't be flying out to pick it up until early April. Hopefully we've got what passes for spring by that time.

It's an odd feeling, spending a fair chunk of change on a car when you're halfway across the country, but the colour, condition and price all aligned to make it too hard to pass up. I was lucky to have a good (and qualified) friend inspect the car for me prior to purchase, so now it's a painful waiting game until I can get behind the wheel.

Yeah, welcome, I have the same model, merlot and light sand, got it in 2014, runs great. Looking forward to getting the top off. Only 1392 of these made in 2004 which is a good thing. trying to keep the mileage down, have 26K on it. Good luck with yours. There is a lot of good info here and a lot of great people willing to answer your questions.

In our case; has been the lack of ”do nothing free time.” Plan on changing our outlook and will put some mileage on our ‘04 Pacific Coast with less than 4K miles currently. Yes, a sweet vehicle and definitely requires more exercise than currently asked of it.
Welcome!

I just got here also and as some others I plan on driving my 05 and enjoying it. I would like to find out about what type of oil most owners use in their Birds. Regular, synthetic or synthetic blend?

As of date, I’ve been using synthetic 5/20 weight in our ‘04 since new.
Last time I got oil changed on my 2004 Pacific Coast Roadster mechanic said old-style oil was being outlawed in 2019 and full synthetic would be required. Anyone else have this info?

Last time I got oil changed on my 2004 Pacific Coast Roadster mechanic said old-style oil was being outlawed in 2019 and full synthetic would be required. Anyone else have this info?

I haven't heard that... For the two oil changes I have had done on ours (this is our 2nd year with our t-bird)I have been using Fords blended oil from the dealer.. Matter of fact I just had an oil change last week before I put it away for the winter.. My own thoughts are even if we only put 1200 miles on it a year, I still change the oil before it goes in hibrination.. I start it once a month for about 20-30 minutes just to get the seals lubricated..

Congrats on snagging a nice ride. Love my '04. Look forward to Christmas in April! Cheers :)

Put my name in the hat if you are looking for someone to drive it back for you. Hint hint :)

Put my name in the hat if you are looking for someone to drive it back for you. Hint hint :)
She is coming up on her first anniversary (with me) and is currently snuggled up for the winter in my garage, so you are kind of late with your offer. Thanks anyway

The drive from the West Coast to Winnipeg last April was wonderful, as was the summer full of great cruising. I think I’ll pop into the garage, lift the cover, and see how she’s doing

She is coming up on her first anniversary (with me) and is currently snuggled up for the winter in my garage, so you are kind of late with your offer. Thanks anyway

The drive from the West Coast to Winnipeg last April was wonderful, as was the summer full of great cruising. I think I’ll pop into the garage, lift the cover, and see how she’s doing
Hint - put a trickle float charger on her and run the motor, back & fwd a little now and then. Cheers, JW

Welcome to the website it has been great to me for information. Hope you enjoy the trip back home. I guess I am spoiled down south where I get to drive the bird everyday. for me so far I have just put motorcraft oil in the bird but probably any quality brand of right weight is fine, most tech's tell me if it calls for synthetic put that back in. Hope you enjoy the bird as much as I have mine.

Without the availability of this forum and its useful info, I probably wouldn't have purchased my 2004 Pacific Coast Edition a year ago. Continually grateful for the shepherding by our Forum Moderator and all the seasoned members wh0 take time to supply info & diagnoses to owners in need. It's a most beautiful car that few would get to see if idiosyncrasies went unsolved and kept us off road.

Back