New guy "Bird Shopping"

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Status
Not open for further replies.
P
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
None
hi guys. My father has an '02 T Bird (yellow) that he bought new, and I've been shopping around for one myself lately.

I want either black, silver, or burgundy (in that order), with heated seats and the "auto-stick" feature on the trans that I've seen on some. Also I prefer '04 or '05.
What are these cars like with 60k+ miles on them?

Anything in particular I should look for or avoid?

If I settle on one without a hardtop how hard are they to find?

Are there any real aftermarket options left for these cars (cold air kit, exhaust, suspension, maybe supercharger?) and does anyone here have one that's been modified?

Thanks guys, I appreciate any answers!

PG; first of all WELCOME , AND pick a color that you like and then shop....It's always good to also have an alternative color too.
Although I have an '02, if you want more HP, go for an '03-'05. These give you heated seats.
If you want a hardtop, get one with it. They are expensive on the market, plus painting is not cheap. You can easily find a TB with or without a HT for sale, unless you are in a hurry.
You asked, "Are there any real aftermarket options left for these cars (cold air kit, exhaust, suspension, maybe supercharger?) and does anyone here have one that's been modified?"
Yes you can get CAI kits and Borla or flowmaster exhausts, but no superchargers that I know of. Any improvements to suspension have been changing to the Lincoln LS suspension, which fits and enables better handling.
60k miles, I don't think is an issue, but there are a lot of low mileage ones available.
A great PCR in NC that I know of with 48K miles at $23k. A very well maintained car. Maybe you have seen that one. If not PM/email me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back