New carb for 1962 t bird

M

Marquette88

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I need a new carburetor for my 62 t bird, and was wondering if anybody had any suggestions as to what kind. Right now I'm looking at the street brawler by Holley, but I'm new to choosing carbs. I know I definitely want a 4 barrel carburetor, and to stay in the ballpark of $400.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Eldelbrock is a good choice and they have awesome tech support. Holly carbs are also a very good choice, either one should work fine!

Thanks for the recommendations. Any specific model you would recommend by either company?

If you call edelbrock sales they can't take all the info on your rides engine and give you recommendation that should work...something in the 600 cfm range is the norm for a 390 fe and no major cam or stroked or bored engine, just get the electric choke unless you want to remember to manually put the choke on and off like on your lawn mower

My 390 has a 750 Holley. Not sure what jets as yet but I will delve into that in time. Going by the calculations, a 750 is a bit to big for a near stock 390. I think it needs to be closer to a 650 cfm

i have a 63 bird with 390. i took off the autolite and put a edlebrock 1406 600 cfm works great and this is my 2nd 390 i have done this to. IMO they are the best drop and drive carb out there.

Hi there a new to the forum I have a 1962 Thunderbird and I just put in the 1406 algebra card today runs great but I’m not sure how to hook up the Excelerator linkage what did you do and if so do you have any pics I can see how yours is set up not sure if the 62 and three are similar but I believe they are. Thanks in advance for your support they ca hi there a new to the forum I have a 1962 Thunderbird and I just put in the 1406 algebra curb today runs great but I’m not sure how to hook up the Excelerator linkage what did you do and if so do you have any pics so I can see how yours is set up not sure if the 62 and three are similar but I believe they are. Thanks in advance for your support...
i have a 63 bird with 390. i took off the autolite and put a edlebrock 1406 600 cfm works great and this is my 2nd 390 i have done this to. IMO they are the best drop and drive carb out there.
sorry for the bad text... next time I will check before I send.

I need a new carburetor for my 62 t bird, and was wondering if anybody had any suggestions as to what kind. Right now I'm looking at the street brawler by Holley, but I'm new to choosing carbs. I know I definitely want a 4 barrel carburetor, and to stay in the ballpark of $400.
I installed a 1406 EdelBrock 600 CFM carburetor today. Very easy and runs excellent. I am having a little issue trying to add up accelerator linkage. Looking to see if anyone out there has done the same if they have pics.

Back