Need replacement radio/cd player for 2002 Bird.

There are a couple of listings on eBay for used ones. The prices start about 150.00. I decided to have mine repaired. OEM Car Audio in MN fixed it. They offer their service on eBay. Just type in 2002 Ford Thunderbird radio repair. It costs about 200.00 with all the shipping. They replaced the entire CD changer, and it works great.

Last edited:
need replacement radio/CD player for 2002 bird

in the south of Maryland
Fred Lothrop
I just dealt with the CD error and radio failure in my 2003; wow, I went around in circles for a while learning there are different faceplate colors, connecting cords, getting models to match up, calling salvage yards and seeing new units priced as high as 835; finally I found a radio repair shop in Fort Lauderdale who overhauled my original and added on a whole new CD for 265, with a good warranty; it works great now; see the YouTube videos for doing it yourself, but be careful to not crack plastic panels when removing. Good Luck! Ron H, Jupiter, Fla

Last edited by a moderator:
I still have my factory radio / 6 disc player for sale out of my 03 premium Tbird if anyone is interested hit me up on here or text me at+14013473094 also have a brand new set off the two fog lights and the two original mufflers with no rust as the car is from the south the cd head unit asking 250 obo works perfectly asking 50.00 for the two fog lights and thinking around 125.00 per factory muffler obo also have the factory resonators as well with no rust in good condition

Back