Need Info on t-bird

Status
Not open for further replies.
F
Last seen
Hi there, I am seriously considering buying an 02 T-Bird. From what I have seen on this site prices seem to be all over the place. I live in Vancouver ,Canada and for an 02 you have to pay $40K (cdn). I dont mind forking out the $$ but I have mostly owned imports. Can you enlighten me on this particular Ford product. Thanks!
Paul

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Need info on TBird

Paul I bought a new 03 TBird w hard top premium for $30,000 in May this year. Had full warranty. I could have bought a nice 02 for $27,000 with 5000 miles and 15 months warranty left. I live in the mid west USA. I had my choice between a Nissan Z, Corvette or BMW. I chose the Thunderbird because it reminds me of the 50's and 60's when I grew up. It is a very heavy smooth riding car. The seats are extremely confortable. While it is very fast, I like it for cruzing on summer nights with the top down. There are not very many TBirds on the road so in several years people will still be starring at it because it will be unique. I have had no problems with mine. I find it a very well built car and the ride is very quiet. Sounds like I am a salesman but I really like this car. If you have a choice between the 02 and 03 take the 03. Had standard heated seats and 40 more HP. Good luck in your decision.

Info

Thank you for the response. Amazingly enough I too was looking at the Z and the Corvette. A very good friend of mine bought an 04 Z, I did not want to follow in his footsteps. Corvettes seem to be all over the place. With the added feature of being able to disable the passenger side air bag with the retro look got me very interested in the T-Bird. By the time the exchange rate is facored in prices seem to be comparable. I have my eye on an 02 blue with the 2 tone interior, 20,000 Kilmeters abt. 15000 miles ....... time to try and work out a deal!

......I'm from Calgary visiting Vanc. ...there's lots of '02 's to be had starting at 36900 cdn.....under 15000km.....a Bond Edition with 1800km went for less than 39000 cdn. yesterday......I have an '02 I bought in Dec. that was listed at 39000 with 8000km......so go make a deal!....cheers! ....you won't regret it!......... :D

Bought one

Picked up an 02 yesterday, T-Bird blue with 2 tone interior. Removed those round plugs an installed driving lights in the bumper. Drives great. Today will build hoist for the hard top, I dont want that top left on the dolly.
Paul :)

fstbmw1 said:
Picked up an 02 yesterday, T-Bird blue with 2 tone interior. Removed those round plugs an installed driving lights in the bumper. Drives great. Today will build hoist for the hard top, I dont want that top left on the dolly.
Paul :)

WOW! You move fast, you didn't even have to order the lights and wiring harness? And today a hoist?

Bumper Lights

I picked up a really nice set of lights at a local auto parts store. Had to remove the plastic housing covering the bottom of the engine in order to be able to hold onto the mounting brackets during the installation. It does not make to much sense why we here in Canada get those lovely plastic caps insted of the lights like the U.S. T-Birds. Unfortunately (well not really) friends dropped by and that put a damper on the hoist build......theres always next weekend. :p

...Congrats on your purchase....you won't regret it!....My wife would like a Thunderbird Blue one with the full accent interior.... to go with our Inspiration Yellow one.....Drove back to Calgary yesterday...while in Vanc....I registered the 'Bird in Totem Thunderbird Club's show&shine at Deas Park holiday Monday and Hallmark Ford, Tuesday....Great shows...awesome collection of treasures.....needless to say, the 'Bird is a great cruiser....through the mountains with the top down.....yessss! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back