Need a bit of help with passenger mirror. A big oops yesterday.

A

AtlantaTBird1

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi all. I have a question about the passenger side mirror for anyone who can help. Bumped into the side of the garage a few days ago and the glass portion of the mirror popped out and fell in the passenger seat. No damage to the mirror housing but a round plastic piece behind the mirror must have broken. I can attach the mirror to it but it won't stay in place. Just wondering if you can get that portion of the mirror (the plastic center piece) instead of getting a whole mirror assembly.

Thanks for any help in advance and I really feel stupid for my lack of driving prowess so please go easy on me.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

It looks like it's a mirror thing where I need a mirror with the attachment clips on the back. Does anyone know if I can get a mirror glass with the pla

Attachments

• Passenger_Mirror.JPG
    Passenger_Mirror.JPG
    326.5 KB · Views: 0
Here's a picture. It looks like the plastic clamp is on the back of the mirror. Does anyone know if and where I could get the mirror with the clips on it?

Hi all. I have a question about the passenger side mirror for anyone who can help. Bumped into the side of the garage a few days ago and the glass portion of the mirror popped out and fell in the passenger seat. No damage to the mirror housing but a round plastic piece behind the mirror must have broken. I can attach the mirror to it but it won't stay in place. Just wondering if you can get that portion of the mirror (the plastic center piece) instead of getting a whole mirror assembly.

Thanks for any help in advance and I really feel stupid for my lack of driving prowess so please go easy on me.
Push it on harder and it should clasp on to the rotated pad...that is if you didin't break some of the prongs on the back of the mirror...it you did use silicone seal on the back, press hard and then tape it in place (tightly) overnight...you'll be all fixed either way.

Yes, the prongs are broken. I don't really want to glue it right to the mechanical part which is why I was asking about a new mirror with the prongs on it. If not I could try some serious glue to make it stay. Just trying to fix it without having to buy the whole mirror unit and housing. Thanks again all!

tascaparts.com Ford dealer in RI has just the glass for $50

AtlantaBird, did you click on the second link I gave you in post #2? Lots of brand new mirrors to choose from, OEM and aftermarket....

If you're intent on repairing it, the silicone suggestion above may work, or you could try some super-sticky foam tape. I believe the tape would hold it in place fine for normal driving, but may be a little easier to take loose again if there's ever a need. This is the route I would go if faced with the same problem.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00004Z4BV/?tag=thunderbirdforum-20

Quickdraw, thanks so much for getting me to look at that closer. Looks like it has the plastic piece on the back for $75. I just think I like that idea better than the glue. You guys are all great here. I really appreciate it!

Back