mylar tape kits

Status
Not open for further replies.
H
Last seen
Looking for discount mylar tape "kit" for my '03 007. Ford wants $135 but surely there is something cheaper. Is the same mylar tape available in rolls that could be utilized in place of the "kit". If so, it might serve the same purpose, cheaper. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks, Henri

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Looking for discount mylar tape "kit" for my '03 007. Ford wants $135 but surely there is something cheaper. Is the same mylar tape available in rolls that could be utilized in place of the "kit". If so, it might serve the same purpose, cheaper. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks, Henri

Some have used open cell weather striping, others have used Prostripe deck chrome. This is a plastic chrome strip that comes in a roll. You cut off 9' and stick it on. You get about 2 applications out of a roll, from what I hear. Looks good too.
I believe you get it at autobody depot .net and the part number is M85 2005. Relatively inexpensive

I found rear deck protective tape for my 2003 Tbird. It is InvisiGARD #IPP-FRD-1004g from autotrimdesign.net for $59.99. Has anyone found something better or abandoned the strips altogether? Thanks Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back