Moving a barn find 1967 - 2 door.....

G

Gbird67

Last seen
I found a magnificent 1967, parked for decades. Now I need to move it without starting it, by pulling it up on a flatbed for transport to a new home.
We put it into neutral and tried to push it, but it did not budge.
If we free up the brakes, which I assume is the problem, should the car move when in neutral? Does the key need to be in 'on' when we shift to neutral or should it roll simply by putting it into neutral.
Thanks.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I just moved my 66 out of a barn with a frozen rear wheel. Tranny should be in neutral, parking brake off and key does not matter. I used an electric winch on my truck to haul out and winch up on to trailer. The wheel skidded but no damage. You need to have someone steer while you winch. I did it myself alone with a remote.

If your brakes are frozen, an easy way to move it is to jack the frozen tire off the ground and put a piece of sheet metal under the tire. make sure you bend the leading edge of the sheet metal up at an angle so the tire doesn't slide off it. Now the car should move quite easy. Good Luck Rick

Back