Marketing/Selling a 2003 t- bird

R
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I need some advice. My brother recently passed. He had a 2003 red t-bird. It hasn't been driven in 3 years and currently does not start. It needs to be detailed. There is a possible miss in the engine but it has not been verified. Mileage estimated around 65000. How can I market this car and what is a reasonable price? I honestly don't know how to proceed.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Good morning Rita 6/2/17

Best marketing efforts should include as much history, options, and documentations. IE sales info, number of owners. Etc. The Forum is a good place to start. There are great people here that can help.

Best regards,

Mad Dog in Seattle

I would guess there are two ways to approach it. One is to list it as it is and hope it attracts someone that sees enough in the car to take on a "project". In this case, it sounds like it could be anything from a "clean up", battery, minor overhaul, fluids renewal, tires and hope that all the seals and gaskets are doing their job.........it will need cut and polish on the paint, drain the fuel tank and refresh the fuel pump and replace the filters....there is likely much more to do that I haven't thought of, but these would be the minimum needs to get it in a position to sell or drive.

If a person could buy the car and get it home for less than $2500 and not have any major issues other than those listed above, they could end up with a nice car and a good story.

The other approach would be to do all that stuff yourself and then sell it. Depending upon where you are, the weather, time of year and what other TBirds might be available on the market, you might get between $12000-16000 for it.

In both approaches listed above, I have only considered the basic needs of the car you described. It could be discovered that the car had or incurred major issues from sitting around and in that case, things get very expensive, fast and since we're talking about a limited production vehicle that is 12+ years old, part can be very hard to come by.

I'm sure there are other possibilities, but unless you have a strong interest in it yourself or an emotional attatchment because it belonged to your brother...list it on ebay, as is and let the "high bidder" take a chance with it.

Back