lx / sc

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Status
Not open for further replies.
has anyone considered taking the supercharger out of a v6 and hooking it to a v8 in a t-bird? Any ideas if this would work (compression low enough, would the car handle the power)

Billy Ronie

well, no, and I'll tell ya why. The V-8 and V-6 have drastically different intake manifolds (one having 8 intake ports and the other having 6, etc etc).

There are some aftermarket kits out there depending on the year of your bird though.

And as far as whether or not the car can handle the power or not.... I know there are plenty of SCed 4.6L birds out there, and some of the 5.0L birds too. They seem to do just fine as long as good sense is used.

has anyone considered taking the supercharger out of a v6 and hooking it to a v8 in a t-bird? Any ideas if this would work (compression low enough, would the car handle the power)

Billy Ronie
I know of a person that installed a Lincoln V8 (super charged) into a 1994 Sc. seemed to work well.

The supercharger on the V-6 would be too small for a V-8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back