Lowest mileage Birds (under 20k miles) 2002 - 2005

Hello All , I am a retired Ford/Lincoln/Mercury Senior Master Technician . I have recently acquired a 2004 Platinum Silver Bird with 16k on her . I have always wanted one and its finally here in the garage .

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I saw on Facebook that some guy wanted to know what he should do to get his dad's 2002 (I think) TBird up and running. He said it has 18 miles on it. It was towed to his home by the dealer and never driven.

My 2004 blue T-Bird has just about 21,850 miles. I drive it just often enough to keep the battery charged.

Now that these classic beauties are approaching their 20th year in our garages (and yes, on the road too!), I'm curious to know who has the lowest mileage on their Birds?
Also would be curious to know if you are the original, second owner, third owner, etc. If not original owner, what year did you buy your Bird and how many miles at purchase?

I am the third owner of a premium 2003 Black Bird, bought in 2015 with 59K miles. Now it has almost 74K, so an average of 2K miles per year.

How about you?
I am the second owner of my 2005 Premium T Bird and just love it. Had 19000 miles on when I bought 6 years ago and now has 22000. live in Illinois so it never has been driven by me or previous owner in the winter. Great car for week end cruising.

Bought my 2005 Premium T Bird from original owner 6 years ago with 19000 miles on it. Now has 22000 miles on. Great car.

I bought a one-owner 2002 with 19,000 miles on it 2-1/2 years ago.

I had to deal with some sticky valve train issues, and other problems related to the car having not been driven much. Not a fan of driving limited production cars to death but you darn sure need to get them out once in a while so that fluids get circulated to the rubber seals, the engine doesn't get gummed up and things like the A/C lubricant gets circulated.

Not sure how this will work but I just purchased a 2004 Thunderbird from a collectors estate and it had 2200 miles on it.! Had to replace the original Michelin tires...Hum 17 yrs old...not safe ya think! So seller was nice enough to change tires to BF Goodrich for a very good price. So now I have 3000 miles.......Sunday ride and love it!IMG_0773.JPG it!

Purchased a 2002 Thunderbird Blue 4 yrs ago from son of the original owner with 22,300 mi now has 24,567. Always garaged and covered and only driven on sunny days, May through October.

Now that these classic beauties are approaching their 20th year in our garages (and yes, on the road too!), I'm curious to know who has the lowest mileage on their Birds?
Also would be curious to know if you are the original, second owner, third owner, etc. If not original owner, what year did you buy your Bird and how many miles at purchase?

I am the third owner of a premium 2003 Black Bird, bought in 2015 with 59K miles. Now it has almost 74K, so an average of 2K miles per year.

How about you?
9650 on my all original 2004 Bird and I am the original owner....Merlot2

How about you?
I just bought a 2002 with 14,600 original miles. It is immaculate.

I have 9600 on my 03 Sky Blue - Original owner

Second Owner of 2002 Torch Red Roadster with hardtop and stand, at 8400 miles . Looks like it's off the showroom floor. I was able to trace and verify the history from clues in CarFax. The car was kept in dealer inventory in Buckner, MO for it's first 19 years. Family dealership and it was the wife's Sunday drive. Sold to the first registered owner with 5400 miles in 2021. This owner moved to Arizona and had the car shipped rather than driven. I purchased it in Dec 2022. Replaced age related stuff including fluids, filters, tires & spare, battery, and suspension parts. Tucked away COPs and IR plugs for future. Knock on wood, everything works. 01 2002 Ford T-Bird.JPG

Back