Looking for oil pan for a 390 cu in engine

linsjean
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Posting this for my friend who owns a 1955 T-bird, but he has a 390 engine. His oil pan is leaking and we can't find an oil pan with a rear sump out of a 4-wheel drive pickup, the year needs to be between 1960 and 1968. Do any of you know of websites or any resources that we can look for this?

I am sorry if I posted in the wrong category or maybe even on the wrong forum!

Thank you.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I have an entire 64' Tbird with 390. Whole car is complete but stalled at frame off restoration. Interested? 757-620-4717.

Thanks for your reply and sorry for my delay in responding. No, we found one, but had to drive from Eugene to Portland to get it. The owner of the car pulled the engine to take out the trany because it was making some noise so, the owner bought a bearing kit for a Warner T10 4 speed for $150 and now a mobile mechanic will be here tomorrow to replace the bearing kit. I hope they don't charge too much but they quoted $92.50 an hour. I hope it won't take too many hours!

That transmission would be an easy rebuild for you if you would take it on. I am in Florida and my 55 has a BW T10 in it but I am not going to put it back in. I just rebuilt a 67 390 GT motor and I am putting it and a Built C6 automatic in mine. Just wondering how yours runs on the Highway. Mine will have two 4 barrels on it.since the engine is out could you post a picture of the motor mounts in your 55 bird. My 55 also has a Honodrive 30% overdrive connected to a Boss mustang 4.11 positive track rear end. Should be a really nice driving car. Thanks

Back