Looking for a 2002 - 2005 t-bird for my wife

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last seen
Hello,

I'm looking for a 2002 - 2005 t-bird for my wife. She's wanted one since they came out, but family constraints kept her in the 7 seat SUV until now.

I have a couple of questions for you if you'll indulge me.

Are any of the years "more reliable" than the others? I typically wouldn't buy the 1st year of a new model, because of the thinking that they may not have worked out all of the small bugs. Thoughts?

What gas mileage have you been getting, along with a rough city% / highway % that led to the mileage you're getting.

I've been tracking cars that sell on e-bay for a month, to get an initial feel for pricing. Any other sources you'd recommend for cars that are for sale?

thanks
Mark

T-Bird for wife!

I just finished the same drill, i.e., finding a T-Bird for my wife. I found a large selection to choose from on Ebay, Cars.com, and Autotrader.com.

Luckly, I found just what I was looking for at local Ford dealer. We've only owned it a few weeks so can't really answer your other questions about problems - none I hope. I did check gas mileage on first two tanks; getting 21.08 MPG on combined city/highway driving.

Good luck in your search.

Cliff

I have a 2002 but if I was buying another it would be a 2003 or later because those have a higher horsepower engine, heated seats, and Homelink -(built in garage door opener).

I average 20 MPG but that is mostly highway driving. Also the '02's are 232 HP, vs. all other years at 280HP
Some cars have had coil-on-plug issues. Many that have had issues continue to have them. In fact, Ford has extended the warranty on '03's to 100,000 miles for COP issues. No one understands why they did not extend the other years of manufacturer- 2002 & 2004-2005
If you could find a Bird that was sold and serviced by a dealer, you could get the service history on that particular car, which may make it easier to purchase. If you buy privately, you may be able to get the same records if they really cared for their car.
Deluxe models did not come with a hardtop, Premiums did and they had chrome wheels
Goos Luck

2002 red

I have a 2002 red with 92K in HOuston that I would like to sell.
This would be a good car for your wife.
It clean, everything works, and its cheap.
Both tops.

2005 Bird

I have a 2005 that I would sell. 12,000 miles. Like new. Both tops.

I recently took a trip from KY to Charleston SC in my 2005 and got 28 MPG. Also, as to the COP issue, I got a notice from Ford that they have extended the coverage on my 05 for COP issues (Program 07M07 and 07N09) to 10 years or 100,000 miles.

I have an '03 that my wife drove, it has 30,000 miles. '03had c.o.p. issues, which factory extended warranty dealt with already, and no trouble since. Red with both tops. Very clean car. Black and red interior. Email me at
dchamb9414@windstream.net if interested. 21000.00

Hi Dave:
Sorry to hear you're selling, but best of luck!

Never fear George, keeping the '02. Selling the '03 because its the most desirable with the red and black interior and extra horsepower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back