interior indicator light 63 Tbird replacing tips

SLO460

SLO460

Last seen
Hey all as I am new to Tbirds and waiting for manual to arrive. How easy is it to replace LH interior indicator globe on dash panel.Do you need to remove gauges and how easy is it.
Cheers Rob

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Hey all as I am new to Tbirds and waiting for manual to arrive. How easy is it to replace LH interior indicator globe on dash panel.Do you need to remove gauges and how easy is it.
Cheers Rob
Hi, its a pain but if you have the swing away steering you might be able to reach underneath the dash otherwise remove the nearest gauge and this will give you better access. Note, take care taking off the front face as you can catch the guage needles.

Hi, its a pain but if you have the swing away steering you might be able to reach underneath the dash otherwise remove the nearest gauge and this will give you better access. Note, take care taking off the front face as you can catch the guage needles.
Thanks for the advice. The swing away steering wheel does not work as l have a 460 big block fitted to the Bird. I noticed that the temp fuel guage has a swall screw just under the front face is this the screw to remove the guage. Does the gauge just pull away then or is there something else to undo.
Cheers Rob

Hi, yes the small screw just removes the chrome cover / glass section. Be careful though as is comes off and can catch the gauges. Once removed you'll have the gauge faces looking at you - there are small screws around the edges you have to remove and then the whole things can be pulled forward on the wires. You can then access the lamps! The speedo is the same design but the clock is a complet unit which comes out. Hope that helps.

Back