instrument panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Chuck; Still looking for that info you need but in the meantime here's what others have said when dash lights go out:

1)Before you do anything, make sure the rotary rheostat, on the dash, is rotated correctly to illuminate the dash lights. I know this is rudementary, but it needs to be checked to be sure
2) And another; My dash lights went out on my Lincoln LS , I un-hooked the battery waited about 30 min and hooked it back up and had no more problems . Also happened on my 03 Bird, all dash lights were out, did the same thing as the LS and problem solved
3) This guy says; Driving home last night in the dark, I did not have any dash lights on the dash cluster. Only light on was for the odometer. Rolling the dash dimmer switch up and down only turned on the floor lights (under dash). I have checked all fuses related to the dash, all appear good.
It's fixed, but a little pricey! After 2 hours of trouble shooting the problem with no dash lights in the cluster, the light switch and front electronic control module was replaced. Cost..$600 in parts + $600 labor, $1200 part numbers: SPO 1w6z 148205AA Processor lighting & SPO xw4Z 11654 CA.............switch assy
4) Last one; Dash Lights not working. Speedometer does Part number 1W6Z14B205AA Description Processor, lighting control Cost $532.00

I hope something here is useful. I'm still searching for cluster disassembly.

Okay guys, I found what I believe to be Tech Service Bulletin 501-01-1. It's 9 pages. If interested send me a PM with your email address and I'll send it to you.
I cannot do attachments here on site

Larry & Chuck:
I haven't heard from you, are you all set now? Or maybe just busy with the ensuing Holiday's

00: Do you know if a Lincoln LS cluster would work?:confused: I believe the dash is the same
If so, and not available from Ford then 'wreckers' would have a wider choice between TBird and LS. Just a thought.

....they are fundamentally the same, George, but not as distinctive...don't think I could live with that option....

Hmmmm, I wonder if Chuck and Larry are away????

Okay guys, I found what I believe to be Tech Service Bulletin 501-01-1. It's 9 pages. If interested send me a PM with your email address and I'll send it to you.
I cannot do attachments here on site
jbrzoza2000@********* thank you

hi there,
my lens from the instrument panel got a hole. I have to replace it. But I can't get a new one, as it ran out of production. What could I do? Does anyone know where to get it?

Get a used instrument panel from a wrecker yard, and keep your cluster, and just change the lens.

Oh thank you guys, that is a great help. Hopefully I can get it. Is the instrument cluster for the 2004 Thunderbird the same as for the 2002 TB?

The gauges are different in 2002 but the lens should be the same.....the shape of the cluster housing and instrument bezel surround are the same... That's my observation but I haven't done a side-by-side comparison..

From what I can see by comparing the computer images I would think the LS lens would work on the TBird panel. If I was only after a lens I'd give LS panel a shot. There are many of them on eBay and a big cost savings. Also would be nice to know if the functions work with an LS dash even though the appearance is different.

Hi highwayghost,
thank you for your answer. As I am not american (I live in Europe :)) I do not know what LS means. Maybe Lincoln? sorry :)

That's a no-brainer to my thinking; buy the LS cluster for cheap and have it shipped and you'll still be ahead....

The Lincoln-LS is referred to as a "baby Lincoln" by many and they share a ton of parts with the retro T-birds; especially dash parts like A/C vent assemblies, etc..

Like the first Mustangs and Falcons, Ford leveraged identical parts between the two models as a cost savings move.

Perfect Frankie, I'll try to get one. Maybe I can replace the whole thing as my lights for the speedometer don't work either. I tried to let it repair but instead they damaged the lens..... :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back