In search of trunk panel for a 2002 Thunderbird

brebod
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
My Thunderbird does not have the trunk panel that is supposed to cover the spare tire and battery! It makes it annoying to put anything in my trunk because it all just falls into my spare tire! I am wondering if anyone knows where I might be able to find one????
I will attach a picture of what if should look like , please help!!

Attachments

• trunk1.jpg
    trunk1.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 1

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I have also seen someone have a piece of lucite cut to fit. They put a nice Ford decal on it. Great for shows as it allows people to view the spare and battery. Of course having the correct piece makes it much easier to make the pattern.

Another option is to cut some quarter inch plywood to fit and cover with the material of your choice.

80331B3E-1244-42BF-A8C6-AD141E1E21D9.jpeg EF3EA6FF-6126-439E-BA34-C714827D95F0.jpeg 8A78CCB3-A181-47B3-A7E9-C8FDEEFE2B26.jpeg I will give you a call, Dano. In the meantime, I found some photos of using flat wood on another Tbird site. This is what the guy did:

Trunk Modification: I used hard board for the spare tire cover. I traced the cover using the original
cover and made 4 adjustments so the cover would fix perfect. I covered it with fabric I bought from
my local trim shop. I glued the fabric on the hard board but you can use 3/16 paneling or plywood.
The cover cost me about $60.00 to make. I then ordered an original rim to match the 4 on the car
from ford $625.00. I ordered a tire locally $251.00. Just one more thing. When placing the full size
tire in the tire well, move the jack to the center right side until the tire is in place. Then move the
jack back where it belongs and bolt down. Then bolt down the spare tire. I preferred the full size wheel instead of the donut Ford give you. It makes traveling much easier. I think it’s worth the
added expense.

My Thunderbird does not have the trunk panel that is supposed to cover the spare tire and battery! It makes it annoying to put anything in my trunk because it all just falls into my spare tire! I am wondering if anyone knows where I might be able to find one????
I will attach a picture of what if should look like , please help!!
I called Dano at the number shown on this thread. He has quite a few of these covers that he is willing to sell.

Back