I have a 1962 tbird with air conditioing. My water pump pulley has a chip in it, hiw do I fix?

J
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
My water pump pulley has a chip in it and I'm not sure how to fix it? I have factory air conditioning and the pulley is a 3 grove pulley. The reason I want to fix it is because I can't find the 3 pulley configurasion I have. They seem to be rear because they did not make many cars
air in 62 and I can't find one. Is there s way it can be welded? Or any suggestions?lso, I need a diagram of where the fan belts go and on what pulleys. Since I have factory air conditioning my water pump and main pulley is a 3 grove/belts. Thank you.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

How big is the chip? Is it below where the belt will ride in the groove? I would think if the chip is at the outer edge and your belts are installed / aligned properly that the chip (if a small chip) would not have any affect on the operation of the car. If it's a large chip I'm sure it could be welded and then ground back to flush to make it operable. The other thing you could do is scour junk yards for a three pulley system on another Ford vehicle but it might have different diameters and alignment. Your best bet is to figure out how to use the equipment you already have.
Regarding the installation of the belts. You should look up the part numbers for the car with AC and without AC. I would bet that two of the belts would remain the same and the AC belt would be the third one. I think if you look at how the pulleys line up you can figure out which belts go where. My guess is the first belt would be for the generator. The second belt would be for the PS. and the last belt would be for the AC. I would stand to the side of the car with the belts installed and you can easily see if the belts are straight.

Back