Humming noise in engine bay 1957 Horn Relay?

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
C

Clif57

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Humming noise in engine bay of 57 Bird from this unit attached to passenger side of fire wall. Wires lead thru fire wall under the dash. What is it?
IMG_3724.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of the horn relays I’ve seen have three terminals. The one I’m trying to identify has four (refer to my picture in the original thread). I’ve looked at all vendors catalogs and have not seen one with four terminals like the one I have. Maybe you know of some vendors who might be of assistance. No matter, thanks for reaching out... I really appreciate it.

horn relay is mounted by the Voltage reg, that is possibility the window relay in mounted on the firewall.

If your Thunderbird is equipped with an overdrive transmission, the relay you are referring to might be the overdrive relay.

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

To All who responded... Especially Doug: Just came in from the garage. The relay I pictured in my original post is for power windows and power seats. The power windows worked just fine indicating the relay was OK. So that reduced the problem to the power seats. Examined the power seat switch and found a loose wire. Firmed up the connection and low and behold, a miracle. Again, thanks to all who helped. No doubt in my mind, I’d still be working on it.

Back