How to set 2004 lights to flick when remotely locked/unlocked?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

You can bet I will, John. Cheers, JW

I was worried I would find out mine fell off a cliff or was seen floating down the Hudson River.. Ahh ignorance is bliss..

Have searched the manual - if it's there I missed it. Thx for help. Cheers
Does the horn chirp when you press the lock button twice? I am not sure if there is an option to enable or disable that feature.

Yes, Gus, it does. Stopped by the Lincoln dealer and we could not get the lights to flick when OPEN is pressed, once or 2x. Concluded that only the PANIC button will indicate where the car is. Still believe the unlock button should flick the lights, as I recall the town cars I have had did. Cheers, JW

My 2004 Premium flashes on first LOCK command and beeps on second LOCK command (*no flash on second LOCK command). It does NOT flash OR beep on UNLOCK.

Yes the lights flash on first lock command and chirp only on second.
Red light on dash center top also flashes when doors are locked.
04 Bird.

Sorry to say the Retro Bird was never set up to blink lights when unlocked.
If you can't remember where you parked instead of looking for blinking lights always look for the biggest dirtiest 4 wheel pick-up truck....it will be parked almost so close to your Bird that you can hardly open a door to get in.:eek:

Sorry to say the Retro Bird was never set up to blink lights when unlocked.
If you can't remember where you parked instead of looking for blinking lights always look for the biggest dirtiest 4 wheel pick-up truck....it will be parked almost so close to your Bird that you can hardly open a door to get in.:eek:
SOOOO TRUUUE. Dang 'em. :(

Back