How to remove 1957 skirts

dickday0

dickday0

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I have read the manual, looked on You Tube and searched the net, I still cannot see how the skirts are removed on my '57.

I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but should be able to remove a fender skirt.

Advice? Suggestions?

Thanks

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I have read the manual, looked on You Tube and searched the net, I still cannot see how the skirts are removed on my '57.

I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but should be able to remove a fender skirt.

Advice? Suggestions?

Thanks

There’s a rod connected to each fender skirt inside the wheel well it pulls out then turns down to unlock the skirt from the body of the car

Thank you for the quick reply. When you say "pulls out", do I pull it to the right or left? Up/down? Towards the tire? I cannot get on the ground and look up (old age). I can feel that there is a rod, just not totally sure which way to move it. As is, I cannot get it to budge in any direction.

Back