How much should I pay for a barn found no paint 1957?

57TBirdHopefull

57TBirdHopefull

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
None
I am currently looking at a 1957 TBird with a 292 3 speed. It has been run in 30 years and has no paint remaining on the outside. It has surface rust and a rust hole in the back fender. I am not looking for a top of the line show car, just a cool car to own and wonder how much I should be willing to pay for this car.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

what does the frame look like? can the engine be turned by hand? is all the trim with the car? can you post some pictures?

The frame looked good, just surface rust. All the trim is there minus the side decals. The dash needs to be redone and I haven't checked if it turns over by hand yet but I believe it does.

Being what it is, 57 292 3 speed. If you do the value in reverse, totally restored what is it worth.
Looks like it’s all there. I would estimate between $30 and $40k.
It would be tough to not get upside down in the car. (Easy to spend more than $50k to complete)
Can you do the work your self it may be worth the cost. If you have to pay someone to do the restoration pack a large wallet.
There are fair cars out there that run for $20 to 25k that you can drive home. So it’s worth what you can afford.

Being what it is, 57 292 3 speed. If you do the value in reverse, totally restored what is it worth.
Looks like it’s all there. I would estimate between $30 and $40k.
It would be tough to not get upside down in the car. (Easy to spend more than $50k to complete)
Can you do the work your self it may be worth the cost. If you have to pay someone to do the restoration pack a large wallet.
There are fair cars out there that run for $20 to 25k that you can drive home. So it’s worth what you can afford.
I completely agree. Let someone else pay for the resto and take the loss.

Back