How good is a 1996 4.6 T-Bird

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
O
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
None
Hello guys!!

First of all, i apologize for any bad english.

Now:
Im looking to buy a new, more comfortable car with a bit more power since i have a new job further away from home.

And i got an offer to trade in my old saab for a 1996 Ford Thunderbird 4.6.

How good are these cars? Reliability, mpg, speed, comfort etc?

Is there enough room for lets say me driving (6'5" tall), a rear facing childrens seat in the passenger seat, my other child (7 years old, about 3'11" tall as well as my wife about 5'11") in the back seat to ride in decent comfort?

Now that would rarely happen, but if?

My boss who has worked with selling parts for american cars since the 1970s claims the 4.6 is a bulletproof engine, and this generation t-birds are good cars.

The only faults with the car is that the fuel gauge shows full until there is about 3 gallons left in the tank and then it drops.
And also the lambda light is on.

But i need more opinions, mostly because my wife is against it haha!

Thanks in advance!

I own a '95 Bird with the 4.6. I got it for free from a lady that I know and I am waiting for the title. I'm 6.2 and I myself like the seat all the way back. Plenty of legroom up front.the back seats are o.k. but they are cramped for big people. This is my first bird with a 4.6 in it. It does have balls (get up and go) I have only got to drive it 5miles home. My wife has m.s. and a bad hip and this car is lower to the ground than the stock height of my jeep cherokee. And I'm closter fobic so I'll be looking forward to driving it instead. I don't mean to write a book but you asked and nobody had an answer for you. I hope this helps somewhat. I'm looking for high-performance parts for my bird. Take Care and Have a Nice Day

Back