Hi! Newbie Leann here...

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Leannadanna

Leannadanna

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
First, I apologize in advance. I have a lot of very specific questions. It's selfish of me to come here and ask you to share your time and wisdom, having nothing to give in return. Although, after reading many posts before joining, I realized I have already learned quite a bit in a few short months, since becoming the owner of my first big car, a 1996 4.6L LX. I am shamelessly, madly in love! I look forward to the day when I can be helpful to other forum members, too.

That being said, I feel blessed with my car and have a gut feeling she's a gem. But there are a number of important issues at hand that are specific to our cars' make & model...even with the help of a good friend with exceptional mechanical knowledge, as well as the info from the Ford Factory 1996 Thunderbird/ Cougar XR7 Service Manual (sweet!), I'm a little overwhelmed and stupefied. Money is extremely tight, which isn't helping me prioritize the list of to-do's for Helen (that's what I named her, after owning at least a few cars in my life that I loved/enjoyed driving, she's the first named ❤).

Should I make a list of everything and post it? Do separate posts? I'm confused.... Please help me.

Grateful for all!

Leann

Howdy Leeann, Name's Sonny I have been a backyard mechanic forever well at least it seems that way lol. I've owned alot of cars 7fox-body thunderbirds 1, '94 thundetbird and cutrently a '95 with a 4.6 v-8 I've never delt with a 4.6 before so I'm looking forward to this one☺these cars are also built on the Lincoln mark #8 as well just so you know. It's cool that you named your car. I haven't named mine yet. I got mine for free but i've been having problems getting the title from the lady. If You need advice about your car just ask.I'm sure any of us would be willing to help. Sonny K.

a list of items would be okay but then sometimes the back and forth messages can get a little convoluted. I personally think the best way to go is different postings / questions for different issues / problems. Then each issue would have it's own record of what is said back and forth. It will be easier for you to go back and review if you need to. It will also make it easier for others in the future when they are doing searches and one item per thread is easier to find.

Howdy Leeann, Name's Sonny I have been a backyard mechanic forever well at least it seems that way lol. I've owned alot of cars 7fox-body thunderbirds 1, '94 thundetbird and cutrently a '95 with a 4.6 v-8 I've never delt with a 4.6 before so I'm looking forward to this one☺these cars are also built on the Lincoln mark #8 as well just so you know. It's cool that you named your car. I haven't named mine yet. I got mine for free but i've been having problems getting the title from the lady. If You need advice about your car just ask.I'm sure any of us would be willing to help. Sonny K.

Thank you, Sonny! I appreciate that very much :)

a list of items would be okay but then sometimes the back and forth messages can get a little convoluted. I personally think the best way to go is different postings / questions for different issues / problems. Then each issue would have it's own record of what is said back and forth. It will be easier for you to go back and review if you need to. It will also make it easier for others in the future when they are doing searches and one item per thread is easier to find.

@ Fordrodsteven,
That is excellent advice, makes perfect sense. It all needs to get done eventually. I think I know the 3 most important things mechanically.

Going to the salvage yard tomorrow. Mainly hoping to find a decent negative cable, but I'm secretly hoping to also find a cigarette lighter element. a console-ashtray insert and a cover plate for where the moonroof motor is mounted.

So thanks for helping me get off to a good start here.
Leann

@ Fordrodsteven,
That is excellent advice, makes perfect sense. It all needs to get done eventually. I think I know the 3 most important things mechanically.

Going to the salvage yard tomorrow. Mainly hoping to find a decent negative cable, but I'm secretly hoping to also find a cigarette lighter element. a console-ashtray insert and a cover plate for where the moonroof motor is mounted.

So thanks for helping me get off to a good start here.
Leann
Cool,I hope you enjoy your trip to the wrecking yardfor me they are my home away from home.Them and parts stores & tire shops oh-yeah craigs list lol I missed on buying a '96 with a 4.6 for $150.00 with a good title needed a head gasket. I finally named my car I named it "The War Bird" I've been working on it quite a bit this last week. When I was telling you these cars are built on the Lincoln mark#8 platform I got my information from Summit Racing.because come spring time I'm going to be buying and installing hiperformance parts. Also is Helen dark Green in color because if it is that is the color of my War Bird.ttyl thanks Sonny

Back