Help-Wiper Problems, '94 TBird LX

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

New94Thunder48

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
I've only recently gotten a 1994 Thunderbird LX, great car in all respects. I have, however, just noticed that my windshield wipers are ancient.

Despite looking up this topic is so many books and websites I have had no luck in getting the wipers off the car. I know this sounds stupid and I'll admit I am a car newbie. But I can't figure out how to get them off and what kind of attatchment is keeping them off (ie pin-style arm, hook-slot connector).

If anyone could tell me how to A-Get them off and B-Which type of mechanism is locking them I would be soooooo appreciative.

Also, I realize I could take my car down to almost any good auto store and get the store people to do this for me. But I like trying to learn more about cars and am really trying to do as many small, "easy" tasks like this myself to get to know my new car.

Thank you for any help.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

It is a pin-style arm.
There are several types of locking mechanisms. Almost each manufacturer has gone a different way to lock the pin inside the wiper. On some, you have to push a small tab to free the pin and then just pull it out. On others you have a kind of plastic clip that has to be removed completely to free the pin. (this one is easily removed with your own fingers)
Just be patient and examine the wiper, they are tricky when old, cause it's harder to see what parts are moveable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back