1. Please sign in or join the Thunderbird club free to access the search page and many other free site features.
    If you forgot your password click here.

Click the "X" to the right to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice

Help for my 1956 bird, Northern Virginia

Discussion in '1955 - 1966 Classic Ford Thunderbird' started by pondroofingpat, May 1, 2018.

1. I lived outside of Washington, DC in Northern Virginia. I have a 56 bird that is a family heirloom of sorts. It was restored in 1992. It runs and drives rather well. I installed Pertronix, new generator, new brake pump, new clutch, and had the front brakes converted to discs. The car needs someone experienced to go through it and just check for issues and do some maintenance, maybe replace a few things that are worn out. When it was restored I do not think the suspension received much attention at all.
    Can anyone recommend a shop in my area?

3. Hi, I’m a member of CTCI THUNDERBIRD CLUB.
    If you goggle and check out the group I’m almost positive you’ll find the right person.
    I know a couple of fellows up here in New England that absolutely positively could answer ANY questions you have about the baby birds!
    They know everyone in the states in the Bird world.
    CTCI will put you in the right direction.
    Let me know how you make out.

JDJ

4. Hello, fellow Washingtonian,

I was born in DC, grew up just outside Andrews AFB, and lived in Dale City for awhile. Now in Florida and love it here.
    I vaguely remember a few places in Virginia, but this was over 35 years ago, so it wouldn't mean much.

Do you go to local car shows? Is there a local car club? I think your best bet would be to ask your local cruiser friends who they use for service, and what they think of them. If several others use and like a particular shop, that might be the place to check out.

5. tbirdjims

tbirdjims Active Member Lifetime Donor

I am in Winston Salem, NC I do repair and service work on all T-Birds You can give me a call 336-784-9363 or email me at Jimstbirds@gmail.com. Look forward to hearing from you.

Help us by sharing/liking this page below and G+

Shop Amazon.comPlease shop Amazon.com using this link to support the forum!