Help 55 T Bird question on the soft top thanks

Sonnywild
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi guys
Can you help?I’m new on here today lots of interesting and useful information
I’m purchasing my first 1955 T Bird this week can anyone tell me did this come with soft top option? Or just a hard top if it doesn’t is it possible to have one made somewhere are there any available appreciate your help thanks Sonny

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

The 55 tbird came with a soft top or a hard top or you could buy it with both. My 55 tbird has both tops. The 55 tbird hardtop did not have a porthole in it.

My 55 came from the factory with only a hardtop, but found an expert conv't guy who installed the framing (after mkt) and hi quality black canvas top and did an excellent job. goes up/down and stores like it should and have not used the hard top since. Love the soft top look much more. Many cars came with both ,but most came with only one.

Hi thanks for the information sound like a good idea is there somewhere I can get a soft top for my 55?

Larry's and Concour's Thunderbird Parts both carry complete kits or indiv. parts . call and get their catalogs.

Hi thanks for the reply much appreciated I’ve never heard of these guys do you have a link or could possibly send? What do you think these things cost many thanks

LARRY's thunderbird parts 1-800-854-0393 CONCOURS thunderbird parts 1-800-722-0009. Pretty expensive Probably worth it because it increases the cars value more than its cost and more fun owning and driving the car. Full kit will be over 3 grand

Hi guys
Can you help?I’m new on here today lots of interesting and useful information
I’m purchasing my first 1955 T Bird this week can anyone tell me did this come with soft top option? Or just a hard top if it doesn’t is it possible to have one made somewhere are there any available appreciate your help thanks Sonny
Some came with and some without, I take it that the one you are purchasing dosn’t have soft top. You can find original frames sometimes on EBay and then have the soft top installed. There are some aftermarket frames out there. Google is you friend he can help. Good luck and enjoy, I like mine best with the top down.

Some came with and some without, I take it that the one you are purchasing dosn’t have soft top. You can find original frames sometimes on EBay and then have the soft top installed. There are some aftermarket frames out there. Google is you friend he can help. Good luck and enjoy, I like mine best with the top down.

Back