Hello, I am new.

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am new around here.

I personally just got a Silver 1997 Thunderbird, for graduation. I am 17 years old (sorry if I'm one of very few teenagers, I turn 18 next month) and this forum seems very interesting. My T-bird has 64,000 miles on it and it's great. I really enjoy my car a lot. I wish I knew where to get a supercharger for it or maybe a flowmaster :rolleyes:. I am very suprised how well the mileage is with this car considering my brother calls it a "boat" due to its large size.

I am very suprised that theres a forum dedicated to nothing but T-birds, that is really cool, Ford makes some really cool vehicles, and because they do, they're my favorite company.

Well, I just thought I would show my face, hope I'll have a good stay here :D .

97 Bird

You own one very classy car whose styling will never look completely outdated.

Just keep an eye on the trans, as many of them start to shudder during the 3-4 shift. Change the fluid regularly.

If you take close notice, the profile is very close to being that of a "fast back". Becomes even more noticeable with the factory spoiler.

Welcome opTykon and don't let your age discourage you. Many new style (retro) birds here, but there is a section for your year Bird as well.
Also some very helpful people, so enjoy your visits and the ride.

jerrym3 said:
You own one very classy car whose styling will never look completely outdated.

Just keep an eye on the trans, as many of them start to shudder during the 3-4 shift. Change the fluid regularly.

Yeah I did a little research about my car and I saw what you said about the tranny. They only said that about 96 models and below.

opTyKoN said:
Yeah I did a little research about my car and I saw what you said about the tranny. They only said that about 96 models and below.
Definatley have your fluid changed - Use Mercon V
and drain the Torque Convertor - Also installing a transmission cooler
is very beneficial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back