Heater core removal on a 1969 Thunderbird

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
OneAmongOthers

OneAmongOthers

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
So how does one get the heater core out? It is getting back into fall time, so I want to get the car ready for cold weather driving. I am going to hook the heater core lines back up, but I was thinking of replacing the heater core itself as well. It's probably original.

So how does one get the heater core out? It is getting back into fall time, so I want to get the car ready for cold weather driving. I am going to hook the heater core lines back up, but I was thinking of replacing the heater core itself as well. It's probably original.
Heater core is usually behind the plastic piece behind the glove box and dash. Have to unhook all air hoses & linkages from heater core cover. There will be numerous screws that hold the plastic core cover on. Take them and the cover off, unhook the heater core hoses under the hood and pull heater core out towards the glove box

Back