Headlights and tail lights problem on 64

ArloBirdDriver

ArloBirdDriver

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I have a 64. The car was involved in a significant rear end collison and was rebuilt and repainted. Everything worked ok after I got it back but then the headlights and tail lights began to malfunction with the headlights going from bright to dim and then back again and the tail lights flashing and sometimes dimming or going off altogether. The turn signals and brake lights work just fine and the fuses all appear to be in tact. I replaced the headlight on/off switch and now the headlights and tail lights don’t turn on at all. Also the interior lights on the b pillars stopped working at the same time the other lights gave out. Horn, turn signals, heater fan, all work.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I have a 64. The car was involved in a significant rear end collison and was rebuilt and repainted. Everything worked ok after I got it back but then the headlights and tail lights began to malfunction with the headlights going from bright to dim and then back again and the tail lights flashing and sometimes dimming or going off altogether. The turn signals and brake lights work just fine and the fuses all appear to be in tact. I replaced the headlight on/off switch and now the headlights and tail lights don’t turn on at all. Also the interior lights on the b pillars stopped working at the same time the other lights gave out. Horn, turn signals, heater fan, all work.
Sounds like you've got a short somewhere. I would unhook the wires or bulbs to each headlight or tail light or turn signal bulb one at a time and turn the headlights on and see if it takes care of the problem. Sounds like somethings shorting out somewhere in your system

Back