Headlight cover vacuum

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
G
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I switched my headlight covers over to electric, because my right vacuum motor has a leak in the rubber boot. the left vacuum motor is good. I have the whole system for sale(200.00) or just the left vacuum motor for 100.00. Whole system includes. Vacuum lines, check valve, equalizing valve, reservoir tank, left vacuum motor. Can also include bad right vac motor just in case you can find a boot for it. Only serious inquiries. Already had a guy wasting my time playing games.

Did you find a kit for the electric, or did you fab it yourself?
Found The electric cconversion kit on EBay for that price. Already installed them. Was getting ready to throw old vacuum system away but figured I would put it on here. Might be someone like me that just needed one vacuum motor. Electric ones work good but man they will mess you up bad it someone was playing with lights and you hand is on it.

To get the vacuum motors out it seems one has to take all off - lights bezel and doors etc. --- I was busy the other day to take the motors out for cleaning, but gave up as there was not space enough to pass the lightening arrangement. Any comment's on that ?

Remove the two bolts on the fender side loosen the two towards the grill side. It gives you enough room to lift it past the light fixtures.

Should not have to remove light covers since you are taking vac motors out you should already them disconnected

Maybe you have a newer model. On my -68 they just do not pass - seems like I have to remove everything in front of them.

Yes that's what I mean but just loosen the nuts up. You do not have remove the front headlight completely. Just enough get the vac motor past it. When I removed mine to put electric actuators on I also thought I would need to remove everything. I removed the bolts on fender side and loosened nuts on grill side. My bad! I also removed horns out the way. Came right out. 68 are the same as 69

Great info! I guess I just wasn't in the mood that day to investigate more to get that done. I cleaned it all up when halve way out and put it back in position. Irritating with the vac function is, that every time I use the lights, the doors go out of precise adjustment. When vacuum is low or empty they are just fine. But when charged, the vacuum pulls so hard, that it even squeeze the stoppers and therefor gets outlined.
I wonder if it would help to take the rubber bumpers off and replace with some stiff material ?
Did this system ever work correctly ? Looks stupid when Grill and lamp covers do not line up.....

Back